Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dark Week

This was my first Dark Week experience. A Dark Week – in TCOM terms – just means that the show goes on hiatus for a week and I’m out of work. So I set a goal for myself to find a second job. Living here isn’t cheap –y’all!

So over the holiday weekend, I took some time and went around to different stores to apply – and after writing so much that I got a blister on my finger – I decided to spend the weekend having some fun.

Thursday night I went out with some of my Page friends to a bar called Barcelona – we all bought food at the store next door and the bar tenders don’t care if we eat there - which is new for me – so we just hung out there and talked about Page life and what New Pages Kyle, Dan and Audrey should expect. It’s relaly nice getting to know everyone and seeing them outside of work. But I headed home kind of early (9-ish) and got to sleep. Friday, I took some time scouting out Brooklyn for other potential places to work and then when my friend Christine got back to the apartment, we went to dinner and spent some time in front of the TV. Saturday was beautiful, so we took the Subway to the South Street Sea Port and hung around there, shopping and taking in some sun. Then we walked to Wall Street and to an outdoor market. It was so beautiful in the City and I loved just being able to walk around and soak up some unexpected sun. We headed home and watched a movie, but had to get up early Sunday to have brunch with my friend Mandy Jo and her roommates. We went into the City – and had an amazing time at this little Italian Café called La Giara. Had an amazing time there bonding with the girls and left around 2pm to go do some more window shopping and have fun.

Monday morning Christine and I got up early again – but this time we booked out in the car and drove to the furniture heaven – IKEA. It was amazing. I want every home that I live in to be furnished with their stuff. From the towels to the couches – everything is amazing. Then, we came back to Brooklyn and saw the new Night at the Museum movie. It was just okay – not as good as the first one – and I had a crying kid behind me the whole time – so that kinda stunk. But then we came back and I called the fam for a little while and then had a peaceful night’s sleep – no mice these days.

Yesterday was a tad on the boring side – but today I had an interview with a clothing store (so we shall see how that goes) and then I went out with my friend Dan to see the new Star Trek movie – which was amazing – I suggest that everyone sees it – even if you weren’t a fan – you can still enjoy it.

So far – So good :)

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment