Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Public Property"

Yesterday was my first full day of actual Page work - now as interesting as THAT sounds – it was better.

I began my day going in early to finish up my tour (with the two other Pages that I started with) and watch the CBS Sexual Harassment video (and sadly it wasn’t from the 80’s). On our tour around the theater – my fellow Pages and I were able to go in while Green Day was rehearsing – which was awesome.

Then I was assigned my tasks for the rest of the day:

1. Answering questions over and over again.
2. Telling people that they can’t go to the bathroom.
3. And genuine chattering among the crowd.

One gentleman was doing something with his camera, and technically one is not allowed to record the speech that every Page has to give at some moment - well - I told the guy to not film it and in his own accent from somewhere he basically yelled at me and told me that it was "Public Property and he could film where ever he wanted" - hence the title of my Blog Entry :)

I then helped line a ton of people up and helped with the fueling of energy for the first show. Then I moved on to my next duty where I help guard the bathrooms and about 10 min. into that…Dave Letterman walks right by me and says hello – which was nice.

Then, I help out with the audience for the second show. (We do two shows on Monday – Monday evening’s show and then Fridays show we tape early) So I worked with the audience some more and then I got to go in for the last bit and watch Ricky Gervais’ interview (The original Michael Scott from the British Office) and then Green Day’s performance.

As tried as I was yesterday (and still today), I am so glad that this is my job. It’s really fun, the people are awesome, and I get the see a nationally known television show every single day. It’s really fun!

Miss you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!
    I'm jealous of your rockin job!!!! :)
    miss you tons already

    ReplyDelete